18W T8 4Ft LED Tube, 2400 Lumens, 50W Replacement, 4000 Kelvin, DLC Listed, G13 Base Type
The 4ft. LED tube glass of 18W available in 4000K color temperature and having a CRI of >80 can deliver lumens up to 2400. It is an excellent substitute for T8, T10 & T12 fluorescent tubes. This 18W can safely and easily replace a fluorescent tube of 40W and bring an energy-savings of 22W. Thus, a lower utility bill for you every month. This 18W LED tube is single ended power tube, will work without a ballast, hence the existing ballast must be bypassed and directly wired to the line source for the tube fixture to work. These 18W LED tubes are housed in rugged die-cast aluminum for efficient heat dissipation. For the standard ceiling height, these LED tubes having a beam angle of >120 degrees emit enough bright light, have a long lifespan and have a shatterproof coating, unlike the fluorescent tubes that were of inferior light quality, typically low lifespan and usually with no shatterproof. One of the best things about LED Tubes from BUILDMyplace is they are UL & DLC listed, these listings make you eligible for handsome rebate along with 5 years of warranty.
- Instant Start: In extreme contrast with fluorescent tubes, the 4ft. 18W LED tube glass operates without any flickering or buzzing when it starts.
- 4000K Color Temperature: This means the 18W LED tube can provide you with a neutral white light color glow, a color temperature most common for creating a cozy environment together with a slightly productive workspace.
- Better Thermal Management Than The Conventional fluorescent Tubes: The LED tube unlike the fluorescent tube does not warm up so often and hence does not require cooling down. In places where you need consistent lighting throughout the day and night, fluorescent tubes will not work and LED tube then is the best choice.
- Easy To Install, Easy To Operate & Maintain: Briefly enough, since the 4ft. 18W LED tube is single ended for a power source, you need to unscrew the ballast after cutting off the hot and neutral wires and the socket leads wires. Once the ballast is unscrewed and removed, you need to connect the input wires (those that are coming from the building) to the output wires and make a direct connection. You can either undertake self-installation or if facing a difficulty, consult an electrician. Once your installation is complete, the operation & maintenance is fairly simple and easy. You can have hassle-free lighting for as long as the tube lasts.
- Rebates & Incentives, 30 Days Return Policy & 5 Years Of Manufacturer's Warranty: If however, you are not satisfied with our product, you have a 30 days return guarantee from us. We provide 5 years of risk-free warranty along with rebates and incentives that you might be eligible for when purchasing this tube.
This LED tube requires you to either remove the ballast or bypass it. We have prepared a step-by-step guide to help you bypass the ballast to successfully install your LED tube.
Whether it's 2ft, 4ft or 8ft LED tube, one of the jaw-dropping features of LED tubes is that they don't flicker unlike what you would have definitely observed in case of fluorescent tubes. The LED tubes start instantly and once they start, they don't flicker and produce a humming sound.
The LED tubes that are either clear or frosted have an IP44 rating. This rating signifies that our LED tubes are protected against dust-tight (objects in the dust that are of size more than 1mm) and protected against water-ingress from all directions. For such reasons, LED tubes are safe for use in areas where there is moisture and water. E.g. Bathrooms, kitchens etc.
The LED tubes accept an input voltage of 100V-277V. You can go for a waterproof transformer in case you don't have this voltage and wish to convert this voltage range to some other.
Low Maintenance Cost
The LED tubes will require low or no maintenance if you are going for a ballast bypass option of LED tube installation. Though not very frequent, but you may have to replace the ballasts once in the total lifetime of LED tubes, if you are going for ballast compatibility option and hence you will have to bear with slightly higher maintenance costs when choosing the former option.
>50,000 Life Hours
The lifespan of LED tubes is no less than 50,000 hours or 5.7 years, if the tubes are operated upon for 24 hours a day. Can last longer, if the tubes are kept ON for only 12 hours a day.
The CRI being greater than 80 for LED tubes, whatever object comes in the light distribution range appears to be real and natural up to 80% extent on a CRI scale of 1-100 and as it would have appeared in the natural light.
120 Degree Beam Angle
The 120 degree or ultra wide beam angle is made use of when large areas need to be covered. All our LED tubes whether clear or frosted have a 120-degree beam angle.
The LED tubes can save energy up to 75% in extreme contrast with fluorescent tubes that consume lot of energy to bring you a higher energy bill. We highly recommend going for our LED tubes that are an excellent combo of lumen brightness and energy-savings.
Aluminium Heat Sink
The LED tubes have a big heat sink made of aluminium and that's a pretty good reason as to why the LED tubes don't warm up too soon to be in consistent operation. This is in extreme contrast with the fluorescent tubes that warmed up too soon and required cooling down to operate efficiently.
Embedded inside the LED tube is a high quality standalone chip -- SMD LED -- made from many number of chips to ensure high performance and reliability.
The LED tubes were one of the first LED lighting products to have become rebate eligible. All our LED tubes are DLC approved to make you eligible for rebate.
|Color Temperature (Kelvin):||4000 Kelvin|
|DLC Model no.:||WENT84SUA-18WB-40MF|
|Lens Type:||Frosted PC|
|MPN (Part No.):||TB042|
|Beam Angle:||120 Degree Beam Angle|
|Life Hours:||50,000 Hours|
|Metal Halide Equal:||40 Watt Replacement|
|Operating Temprature:||-4 F TO +113 F|
|Wiring:||Single Ended Power ONLY|
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Can you use existing T8 fluorescent sockets?
you will need the non shunted tombstones for it , some tombstones will work if they can be converted into non shunted tombstones.
Are these dimmable? If not do you have a dimmable T8 48 inch LED?
Yes, they are dimmable.
Are these bulbs dimmable?
Unfortunately, they are not.
Do they come in 6 ft. lengths?
Unfortunately, we only carry 6ft cooler tubes righ now.
Are these dimmable?
Unfortunately, none of our tubes are currently dimmable.