So why is it called hardwood flooring? Is it because they are made up of wood? Well, that is not completely true because hardwood flooring is not just any flooring made up of wood. In fact, it is engineered hardwood flooring that is a more subtle alternative to typical wood flooring.
Moreover, it surely replicates the authentic look of the wooden floors, but its features are what make them a suitable flooring option. You can surely count on these features as they promote durability and longevity to this solid hardwood flooring.
What makes hardwood flooring worth considering?
Eliminates footstep noise
If you are concerned that the solid hardwood flooring will create a noisy footstep sound if you walk on them, then this is something that you can stop worrying about because they are pretty soft planks that eliminate the sound of quirky shoes and sandal heel noise.
Offers comfort while walking
If your heels hurt when you walk on the floors, then this is something that you should not neglect. This could be due to the tough structure of your floors. You need something that has a comfortable feel, like engineered hardwood flooring.
Contain a natural warmth
As cozy as the color and textures look, the engineered hardwood floors have a natural warmth too. They are eligible for creating a naturally cozy yet warm look for the indoors with their wood composition and subtle looks.
Suitable for wet interior
Apart from looks, you get the benefit of durability with these floorings as they are not ordinary hardwood floors, they are waterproof hardwood flooring as well. This feature allows them to last effortlessly in environments with high moisture content.
What makes solid hardwood flooring look amazing?
Do not think that you are very limited with the color options of engineered hardwood flooring because they are available in a variety of colors. So, you have the benefit whether you want to look for a mild shade flooring or for a darker one. Every color will replicate the natural wood-inspired look.
Since the flooring replicates wood, it is obvious that it will contain natural wood textures. This is one of the prominent features of this type of flooring and is surely why you will be interested in spending on it.
If you think that you are bound with a single type of finish on your flooring surface, then it’s good news for you. With hardwood flooring, you get several different finish options like gloss, matte, sugar effect, glazed, etcetera.
What are the pros and cons of vinyl flooring?
- Promotes longevity - Engineered hardwood flooring is a durable option as they are rigid and resists breaks or cracks. So, you can consider opting them for both residential and commercial applications
- Contain flawless look - The natural textures and colors offers these floorings a classic look that flawlessly enhances the appearance of the indoors without looking dominating at all.
- A hygienic option - Unlike regular wood floor, these flooring don’t get vulnerable over time due to moisture interference. Plus, the surface iseasy to clean. So, if you have toddlers in the house, this is surely a hygienic option you can go with.
- Not eligible for extreme wet locations - There are several cheaper hardwood floor options available in the marke. So, if you are not opting for teh best quality waterproof hardwood flooring, there might be chances that your flooring will not withstand in extreme wet locations.
- Gets dents and scratches easily - If the planks are soft hardwood instead of solid hardwood flooring, you can easily damage them via the weight and sharp edges of the furniture..
- Contains high maintenance cost - You are supposed to be very careful while using this flooring because they are not very easy to refinish. In fact, they are relevantly hard to maintain.