Welcome to the World of Lights!
Although lighting fixtures are just a source of energy when the Sun is not around, but in the contemporary world, they are more than that. Certain kinds of lights have a proven psychological impact on the mind of people both at their workplace and even in their homes. The lighting pattern, brightness, cost, and most importantly, positioning, is vital when making the final decision for new lighting installations at your home or the workplace. Here at BUILDMyplace.com, we make this process easy for you.
What Kind of Lighting Pattern is Right for Me?
Believe it or not, lighting is a significant factor in your mood, sleep cycle, and workplace positivity, and you simply cannot ignore the pattern of lighting, especially in your home. You should pay due attention before ordering lights, whether for your bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, or living room. While bright ceiling lights create a perfect setting for an energetic working environment, the same cannot be expected when you want to have a quick nap.
For bathrooms, wall sconces and bath light bars are a perfect choice. It can help you to lower the stress levels you've accumulated throughout the day while you are taking a bath. For dining rooms, the lighting pattern must set the mood for family and friends to enjoy good food, and stylish chandeliers are an apt selection.
How to Find the Perfect Lighting for your Space?
Categorize your priorities first; will you need new lighting for indoors or outdoor light fixtures or both? If you need lights for both areas, we recommend starting with the exterior of your home because it is the first opportunity to impress any guests. The stylish post lights at the main entry can be your first step to achieve this. Flush mounts and semi-flush mounts are a perfect choice for the porch and entryway of your home.
For outdoor accent lighting, you can highlight your home architecture with outdoor wall lights, track lights, and step lights. In the backyard, you can afford to install dimmer lights to avoid electricity wastage but make sure the entire area is properly lit for security purposes. You can also make good use of the outdoor garden lighting as it gives your garden area a very appealing look in the night.
- As long as indoor lighting is concerned, chandeliers, LED ceiling lights and recessed lights offer great ambient lighting options for your living room.
- In your kitchen, mini pendant lights can be an energy-saving companion, and if you need a little extra style, island lighting is a great way to enhance the appeal of your kitchen design. It's easy to forget to pay attention to under cabinet lighting when upgrading in your kitchen.
- Contemporary chandeliers, flush-mount lights, and wall light fixtures (wall sconces) are the most sought-after choices for dining rooms If you have a conceptual dining room then table lamps and pendant lights with a pinch of track lighting work best.
- For bedrooms, you can consider wall sconces, ceiling lamps, and pendant lighting. For those that love to read, portable reading lights and standing lamps are a great alternative. These kinds of lights allow you to finish your book without disturbing your spouse at night. Meanwhile, you can also consider adding dimmers and light ropes.
- For bathrooms, vanity lights and ceiling lamps are the norms, but if you have a large-size luxurious bathroom, you can consider pendant lights and wall sconces as well. If there is plenty of natural light from windows, do not forget to integrate it with your bathroom lighting. You can easily switch between the two depending on the time of day.
- If it's an office space that you're upgrading for lighting installations then the work area must be well lit because bright and shiny lighting can bring a lot of energy for the workers. At the same time, consideration should be given to conserving energy, and wall sconces can help to optimally achieve this goal.
How to Pick the Best Lighting for your Home?
Before finalizing the plans for upgrading the lights in your home, your original needs must be the number one priority. In other words, what goals are you specifically trying to accomplish with the new lighting?
Additionally, it's vital to know the lighting requirements in order to save on electricity bills and avoid wastage.
- If you are brainstorming lighting ideas for decorative purposes, then you should consider wall sconces, pendant lights, lamps, and floor lights because uniformly illuminated spaces are visually appealing to the eyes of visitors. BUILDMyplace.com offers various decorative lighting options to fulfill this purpose without hindering the uniformity of your home decor plan.
- Natural sunlight through a window is unbeatable for studying, but this feature isn't available at night. Even during the daytime, many areas of the US do not have this luxury, so installing good lighting is imperative. Whether you use white lights or yellow lights in your home is entirely up to you, but the study areashould always be well lit with the cool-toned and crisp lights of table lamps and ceiling lamps. Dimmers can also be used for better control and more lighting optimization.
- For full-color utilization of the lights in your room, make good use of ambient lighting options. Our pendant lights, mini-pendants, overhead lamps, and wall sconces are the perfect complement to the ambient lighting.
- Both natural and artificial lighting plays a significant role in illuminating a closed space. A room already filled with furniture and further add-ons can look terrible in the absence of suitable lighting. With the right lighting combination, you can enhance the dimensions on a visual basis. Wall sconces and taller lamps have a proven impact in this regard, and you should reap the benefits.
- Crisp and bright lights are the perfect way to maintain (or even increase) your enthusiasm at the workplace or home office. Among the available options, flush mounts and colored pendants are the most suitable choice after table and pendant lamps for focused and hard-working professionals. During all this planning, don't forget to choose an excellent lighting pattern for your deck area with a variety of outdoor lighting choices at BUILDMyplace.com.
What Else I Can Get at BUILDMyplace.com?
At BUILDMyplace.com, we do not only bring a world of lighting options but also allow you to explore other products for your home enhancements. From kitchen appliances to the huge range of furniture and even HVAC equipment, we have something for every visitor at our store. If you are considering a home renovation or just building the home of your dreams, do not fail to give us a try.