How to Measure and Install RTA Tall Cabinets for a DIY Kitchen Renovation
by Team BuildMyplace on Mar 22, 2023
Tall Cabinets are a type of cabinetry that is typically 84 inches, 90 inches, or 96 inches tall. The size is ideal for the pantry as a tall pantry cabinet because the size provides ample storage space for items that are not used frequently. These RTA cabinets are great for storing items such as large bags of flour or sugar, extra cans of food, and even small appliances. You can also use the tall pantry cabinets to store items you don't use daily, such as serving dishes or holiday-themed decorations. These Types Of Cabinets are also known as pantry cabinets and are often used in the kitchen to providing additional storage space. They are typically placed next to the refrigerator or along a wall and are designed to maximize storage space while taking up minimal floor space.
When it comes to renovating your kitchen, one of the most important elements to consider is cabinetry. Tall kitchen cabinets, in particular, can greatly impact the overall look and functionality of your kitchen. Moreover, when it comes to the pantry, you need to consider the area's requirements and capacity before setting up a tall pantry cabinet. However, measuring and installing tall cabinets can be tricky if you're unfamiliar with the process. In this blog post, we'll walk you through everything you need to know to measure and install tall cabinets for a DIY kitchen renovation.
Measuring for Tall Cabinets:
The first step in installing tall cabinets is to accurately measure the space where they will go. Here's a step-by-step guide to measuring tall cabinets:
- Measure the height of the space, i.e., the distance from floor to ceiling.
- Measure the width of the space. This is the distance from one wall to the other.
- Measure the depth of the space. This is the distance from the front of the space to the back wall.
- Make sure to measure any obstacles that may be in the way, such as electrical outlets or plumbing. These measurements will be important when it comes to choosing the right size cabinets.
- Write down all your measurements and take them with you when you go shopping for RTA cabinets.
Choosing the Right Size Cabinets
Once you have your measurements, you can start looking for tall kitchen cabinets that will fit in the space. When choosing the right size cabinets, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Standard tall cabinet sizes are usually 84 inches, 90 inches, or 96 inches tall. Make sure to choose a size that will fit in the space you have measured.
- The width of the RTA cabinets should be a few inches smaller than the width of the space. This will allow for a little wiggle room when installing the cabinet.
- The depth of the cabinet should be a few inches smaller than the depth of the space. This will allow for easy access to the back of the cabinet.
- When selecting the RTA cabinets, make sure to check for the cabinet's door style, color, material, and any other additional features you want.
Installing Tall Cabinets
Once you have chosen the right size cabinets, it's time to install them. Here's a step-by-step guide to installing tall cabinets:
- Assemble the cabinet according to the manufacturer's instructions. This may involve attaching the doors, shelves, and hardware.
- Position the cabinet in the space where you will install it. Make sure it is level and plumb.
- Level the cabinet with the help of shims if necessary.
- Secure the cabinet to the wall using a stud finder and screws.
- Repeat steps 1-4 for any additional cabinets that will be installed in the space.
- Once all the cabinets are installed, attach the handles, knobs, or pulls.
- Finally, add any additional feature you want to make the cabinet more functional and aesthetic.
Measuring and installing tall cabinets can seem daunting, but with the right tools and a little bit of know-how, it's a task that any DIYer can tackle. By taking accurate measurements, choosing the right size RTA Cabinets, and following the proper installation steps, you can create a beautiful and functional kitchen that you'll be proud of. Remember to double-check your measurement, take time, and read the instructions before starting any DIY project.