Some Major Points to Know Before Investing in Wood Mosaics
by Team BuildMyplace on Apr 04, 2023
Wood Mosaic Tiles are popular for accent walls, backsplashes, and other decorative applications. Made from natural wood that is sustainably sourced, these tiles are versatile, durable, and environmentally friendly. In addition to their natural beauty, wood mosaic tiles are also moisture-resistant and insect-resistant, making them a practical choice for areas prone to moisture and pests. This blog will explore the benefits of wood mosaic tiles, recommended areas to install them, and how to care for and maintain them, so you can make an informed decision when considering this option for your home or office decor.
Benefits of Wood Mosaic Tiles
- Versatile looks that can enhance any space: Wood mosaic tiles are available in a range of colors and textures, allowing them to blend seamlessly with any decor style.
- Durable structure due to kiln drying process: Kiln drying removes excess moisture from the wood, making the tiles less prone to warping, cracking, and breaking.
- Moisture-resistant, making them suitable for kitchens and bathrooms: The thermal modification process used to make wood mosaic tiles also makes them resistant to moisture and humidity, making them an ideal choice for areas prone to moisture.
- Insect-free surface: The same process that makes wood mosaic tiles moisture-resistant also makes them resistant to insects and other pests.
- Environmentally friendly construction: Wood mosaic tiles are made from natural wood that is sustainably sourced, and the manufacturing process does not involve any harmful chemicals or byproducts.
Recommended Areas to Install Wood Mosaic Tiles
- Living rooms: Wood mosaic tiles can add warmth and texture to a living room accent wall, creating a cozy atmosphere.
- Bedrooms: Wood mosaic tiles can help create a rustic or country-style look in a bedroom, adding to the overall ambiance.
- Kitchens: Wood mosaic tiles are a popular choice for kitchen backsplashes and walls, as they are moisture-resistant and can withstand high temperatures.
- Offices: Wood mosaic tiles can add a touch of natural beauty to an office, making it feel more welcoming and comfortable.
- Entryways: Wood mosaic tiles with geometric patterns can add interest and character to an entryway, making it more inviting.
- Backsplash: Wood mosaic tiles are a durable and moisture-resistant option for kitchen and bathroom backsplashes.
- Wall adjacent to the bathroom: Adding wood mosaic tiles to the wall adjacent to the bathroom can create a cohesive look and add a touch of natural beauty to the space.
- Ceiling: Wood mosaic tiles can also be used on the ceiling to create a unique and eye-catching look.
Caring for and Maintaining Wood Mosaic Tiles
Cleaning with a soapy warm water solution and a sponge: Regular cleaning can help remove dirt and stains from the surface of the tiles, keeping them looking fresh and new.
Painting the surface to refresh the look: If the tiles begin to look dull or faded over time, you can paint them to refresh their appearance. Wood mosaic tiles are designed to absorb paint easily, making it an easy DIY project.
Wood mosaic tiles are a versatile and durable option for accent walls, backsplashes, and ceilings. They are environmentally friendly, insect-resistant, and moisture-resistant, making them a practical choice for kitchens and bathrooms. With proper care and maintenance, wood mosaic tiles can add warmth and character to your home decor for years to come.