Tips to Get Started on a Kitchen Cabinet Installation
by Team BuildMyplace on Apr 17, 2023
Cabinets play an important role in making kitchen renovation possible. Installing cabinets in the kitchen not just enhances the look but adds more functionality and accessibility to the room as well. Also, you can always remember how many options you can explore when it comes to kitchen cabinet installation. There are so many colors and style options you will find in cabinets. Moving on, you will learn some helpful tips to get started on installing a cabinet in the kitchen. These tips will make sure that you ace the cabinet installation. Plus, you do not face any issues afterward.
Importance of Kitchen Cabinet Installation
Kitchen cabinets is nothing but useful fixtures that cover the entire kitchen but do not make the room look messy or congested. Installing Kitchen Cabinets is pretty important as they come in handy in so many ways. First of all, you can use the Base Cabinets to store large cooking vessels and grocery boxes. Then, installing kitchen cabinets on the walls can help you with stacking the plates, glasses, and tableware. Moreover, you can create an organized pantry area with pantry cabinet installation. Therefore, you can organize your kitchen as well as the day-to-day components inside if you go with the appropriate kitchen cabinet installation.
Tips for Kitchen Cabinet Installation
Here are some simple tips for someone who wants to get started on a kitchen cabinet installation:
- Measure the space where the cabinets will be installed: Before purchasing or installing cabinets, it is important to measure the space where you will install the kitchen cabinets. This includes the height, width, and depth of the wall. You also need to add the distance between the countertop and the ceiling. This will ensure that the cabinets will fit properly and that there is enough room for the doors to open and close without hitting any other objects.
- Gather the necessary tools and materials: Before beginning the kitchen cabinet installation, gather all of the necessary tools and materials. This may include a level, saw, drill, screws, and a stud finder. It's also good to have a pencil, measuring tape, and a ladder.
- Install the base cabinets: Start by installing the base cabinets first. This is because the base cabinets will work as a guide for the installation of the upper cabinets. It's important to make sure that they are level and flush with the countertop. You can do this by using shims to level the cabinets and by attaching them to the wall studs.
- Install the upper cabinets: Once you are done with the base cabinet installation and they are in their place, install the upper kitchen cabinets. Begin by attaching the cabinet to the wall using a level to ensure that it is plumb. Make sure the cabinet is securely attached to the wall by driving screws into the wall studs.
- Additional Cabinetry: If necessary, install any additional cabinetry, such as a pantry or island. These will be installed in the same way as the base and upper cabinets, with the main difference being that these will be freestanding.
- Attach the cabinet doors and drawers: Finally, attach the cabinet doors and drawers. This step may require some adjustments to ensure a proper fit. Once the doors and drawers are in place, test that they open and close smoothly and make any necessary adjustments.
It's also good to keep in mind that the Kitchen Cabinet installation may vary depending on the type of cabinet and the specific instructions provided by the manufacturer. It's always a good idea to consult the manual or get help from a professional if you're unsure.